Warm Thai chicken lettuce wraps
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 200g chicken breast fillets
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bottom part only, chopped and ground
- 1 small red chilli (optional), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai basil, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Dash fish sauce
- Dash sweet chilli sauce
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 iceberg or butter lettuce, washed and separated into cups
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Place chicken breasts into a pot that can fit the fillets in a single layer and cover with water.
- Bring to a gentle boil and simmer until cooked, about 10 minutes. Check by removing, and slicing through the middle; look to see that it is no longer pink. Allow to cool. Refrigerate or freeze the stock for use in future recipes.
- Cut up the chicken breast into small cubes, or pulse in a food processor.
- Combine chicken with lemongrass, chilli, coriander, mint, Thai basil, lime juice, fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve a small amount of chicken in lettuce cups topped with carrot, cucumber and shallots.