Soba noodles with shredded chicken, ginger & lime
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 90g soba noodles
- 1cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- Dash sesame oil
- Dash tamari sauce (can use shoyu or low-salt soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Place chicken breasts into a pot that can fit both breasts in a single layer and cover with water.
- Bring to a gentle boil and simmer until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Check by removing, and slicing through the middle; look to see that it is no longer pink. Allow to cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze the stock for use in future recipes.
- Cook soba noodles in a pot of boiling water, according to the packet, being careful not to overcook.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, and drain again.
- Place into a bowl with the ginger, carrot, capsicum, chilli and spring onions.
- Shred the cooled chicken breast and add to the noodle mix.
- Combine lime juice, mirin, sesame oil and tamari. Add to the chicken and soba noodles.
- Mix well and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.