Roasted pumpkin, fennel, quinoa & pine nuts
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, core removed and sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 cup quinoa (tri-colour or white)
- 2 cups water
- 30g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 80g baby spinach or English spinach
- 2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, etc.)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 40mL salad dressing (extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
- Preheat oven to 180-200°C.
- Place pumpkin and fennel in a ovenproof dish and spray with extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden brown.
- Add quinoa to a small saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and cook with the lid on for 10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine the cooled quinoa with the fresh herbs, spinach, roasted pumpkin and fennel.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts and salad dressing (if using) to serve.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes