Kale, quinoa and pomegranate salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ¼ cup whole almonds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch sea salt
- Olive oil
- 1 pomegranate, cut in half and seeds removed
- 5 big leaves kale, remove stalk and finely chop
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Rinse quinoa well to remove its bitter coating.
- Place quinoa in cold water in a small saucepan and cook for 14 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add extra water if needed.
- In a small bowl place nuts, seeds, paprika, chilli and sea salt.
- In a small fry pan add a little olive oil and toss nuts and seeds until they start to turn golden.
- In a large bowl place kale and lemon juice with a splash of olive oil. Massage kale with your hands for 3-4 minutes, until it becomes soft.
- Toss through quinoa, pomegranate seeds, mint, toasted nuts and seeds and lemon zest. Toss gently and serve.