Grilled beef & Mediterranean vegetable skewers
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 200g lean beef (rump or sirloin), cut into cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, deseeded & cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 yellow capsicum, deseeded & cut into cubes
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, rind grated and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Thread meat onto either bamboo skewers which have been soaked (for 30 minutes) to prevent burning whilst cooking or metal skewers, alternating with the Mediterranean vegetable.
- Place finished skewers in a serving dish and spray with extra virgin olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle with parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic.
- Mix lightly to mingle the flavours.
- Prepare barbecue, grill plate or griller.
- Cook on medium heat until meat is cooked to your liking and vegetables are lightly browned.
- Serve with a mixed leaf garden salad.