Autumn soup with miso & tofu
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 600mL water
- 2cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced on an angle
- 2 fresh shitake mushrooms (can use Swiss brown or portabello mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp Shoyu (can use low salt soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp Mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 150g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 60g snow peas, trimmed
- 40g baby spinach
- 2 asparagus spears, sliced on an angle
- 2 tbsp miso (genmai miso)
- Roasted seaweed (optional)
- Place the water into a pot and add the ginger, shallots, shoyu and mirin.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Add in tofu, snow peas, mushrooms, asparagus and baby spinach to the soup.
- Simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove soup from the heat.
- Add a tablespoon of the soup to a small bowl and mix with the miso paste.
- Add this back into the soup and mix to combine all flavours.
- Place into bowls to serve.