4-Ingredient Pumpkin Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 a medium Jap pumpkin
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups mixed leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Preheat fan oven to 180°C.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut pumpkin into wedges approximately 2cm thick. You should have eight slices in total.
- Lay pumpkin slices on oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine mixed leaves, chickpeas, juice of 1 lemon and 2 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool slightly. Evenly distribute salad between four plates and add two slices of pumpkin to each serve.
Top Tip: Add some grilled chicken or a can of fish to this salad to increase the protein content and help keep you feeling fuller for longer. Or, add some feta or diced avocado.