Chocolate Tart with Mixed Berries
Serves: Roughly 6 slices
Prep time: 2 hours (including 30 minutes cooling time after baking)
Cook time: 28 minutes
This gluten free, dairy free chocolate treat will leave your Easter lunch guests craving more.
- ½ cup teff flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free plain flour
- ¼ cup tapioca
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup cacao powder, sifted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Mixed berries, as many as you wish
Extra cacao powder for dusting
- Combine dry pastry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add wet ingredients and form a ball. Wrap in cling wrap and store in the fridge for at least one hour.
- In the meantime, combine all filling ingredients and blend together with a hand blender/mixer. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Remove pastry from fridge and roll out to ½ cm thick. Cut into 3-4 square pieces and gently place one piece over a loose-bottom tart case. Repeat with the remainder. It may break a little but just use your fingers to mold it into the shape of the case.
- Using a fork, gently poke holes in the base, and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove tart cases from oven and set aside for approx. 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the filling into the cases and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. After approx. 25-30 minutes, top with mixed berries, dust with cacao powder and serve with a dollop of coconut ice cream. Delish!