Seasonal Spring Chicken Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 600g chicken breast, diced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mixed leaves
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 continental cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch basil, torn
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Combine chicken, juice of half the lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a shallow fry pan, heat and add chicken. Cook through(approximately 10 minutes). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and basil.
- To make the dressing, remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad mix.
- Toss chicken and salad together in large bowl. Divide between four smaller bowls and serve.
Top Tip: The darker the leaves you choose (such as spinach and watercress) the greater the nutrients.