Roast salmon fillet with zucchini ribbons
- 2 x 150g salmon fillets
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (parsley or basil can also be used)
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and place into a baking dish with the cherry tomatoes and thyme.
- Spray salmon and tomatoes with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Season the salmon with ground black pepper and lemon juice.
- Roast the salmon for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked and the cherry tomatoes have softened.
- To check that the salmon is cooked, insert a knife into the salmon and look to see that the flesh flakes away nicely.
- Using a vegetable peeler, make zucchini ribbons by drawing the peeler the length of each zucchini and getting nice thin slices.
- Spray lightly with the extra virgin olive oil and pan-fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve roast salmon and cherry tomatoes with zucchini ribbons on top and a side salad.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 17 minutes