Polenta with roasted tomato & eggplant sauce
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 and 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 100g low-fat ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the eggplant into an ovenproof dish and spray with olive oil.
- Roast eggplant for 10 minutes then add in the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast for another 10 minutes or until the eggplant is golden brown and the tomatoes are softened but not dry.
- Place water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes or until polenta thickens. The more you stir the better the polenta will turn out.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a non-stick lamington tin that has been lightly sprayed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Allow to cool and set.
- Top the polenta with the roasted eggplant and cherry tomatoes, dot with ricotta and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and warmed through.
- Serve with a mixed leaf salad.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes