- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small potato with skin, chopped (optional)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups beef or vegetable stock
- 1 can borlotti beans or 1 cup cooked beans
- 3 tomatoes, skins removed, chopped
- Vegetable salt, if desired Black pepper
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Sauté onion, then potato, carrot and celery.
- Add stock, beans and tomatoes. Season to taste.
- Simmer until vegetables have just softened.
- Add cabbage a few minutes before the end of cooking.
- Serve with parsley and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes