Grilled lemon & herb chicken skewers with steamed greens
- 2 x 150g chicken tenderloins or breast fillets, cut into strips
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, trimmed
- Thread chicken onto either bamboo skewers which have been soaked (for 30 minutes) to prevent burning whilst cooking or metal skewers.
- Mix together lemon juice, lemon rind, chopped herbs and olive oil to make a marinade.
- Pour over skewered chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Prepare barbecue, grill plate or griller. Season chicken with cracked pepper.
- Cook skewers, turning every 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Steam the green vegetables for 2 minutes until lightly cooked but still crunchy. Serve with chicken skewers.
Prep time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes