Chicken teriyaki patties with steamed Chinese vegetables
Cook time: 6-8 minutes per pattie
- 400g chicken thigh mince
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce (can use shoyu or low-salt soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 shallots, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime or 1⁄2 lemon
- 30g roasted cashews, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli),
- sliced 60g snow peas, trimmed
- Mix the chicken thigh mince with the tamari, mirin, ginger, garlic, shallots, coriander, lime juice and cashews until well combined.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into a ball, then flatten slightly to form a patty.
- Wet your hands with cold water between patties to prevent sticking.
- Heat a non-stick frypan and spray with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the chicken patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side, until browned and cooked through.
- Steam the Chinese vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Place onto two plates and top with the chicken teriyaki patties to serve.