Baked mixed mushrooms & wholemeal pasta
Serves = 2
Cooking time = 30 minutes
140g wholemeal penne pasta
1 tbsp olive oil 1 small red onion, finely chopped
200g mixed mushrooms (button, portabello, Swiss brown), sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh flat parsley, finely chopped
150mL chicken stock
1 tsp cornflour
Cracked black pepper
100g reduced-fat ricotta
30g parmesan cheese, finely grated
1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs, wholemeal
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook penne pasta in boiling salted water for 10 -12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and place into ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat oil in a frypan on medium heat. Sauté onion, mushrooms and garlic. Add in herbs.
- Combine stock and cornflour and add to the pan to thicken. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and mix through the ricotta. Pour over the penne pasta in the baking dish and sprinkle with the parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with extra chopped parsley and serve with a rocket salad.