Baked chicken with spice crust with cucumber & mint salad
- 2 x 150g chicken breast fillet
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g blanched almonds
- 25g coriander seeds
- 5g cumin
- Pinch sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 50g fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 100g plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To make the spice crust: In a hot, dry pan, toast sesame seeds, blanched almonds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds until fragrant, stirring.
- Cool completely.
- Then coarsely grind with sea salt and black pepper using a nut grinder or a small food processor.
- Spray chicken with extra virgin olive oil.
- Press on spice crust (if you have any excess spice crust, store in a screw-top jar for use at another time).
- Place chicken in an ovenproof dish and roast for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- To check that the chicken is cooked, slice through the middle and look to see that it is no longer pink.
- Prepare the salad by mixing together the cucumber, mint and yoghurt. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Serve with sliced chicken.