Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 2-4 minutes per patty
- 2 x 425g cans chickpeas
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp plain gluten-free flour
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 egg beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
1. Drain excess liquid from chickpeas and puree in a blender or food processor. Add garlic, onions, ground coriander and cumin and mix well.
2. In a bowl, mix pureed chickpeas with fresh coriander, egg and flour. Mix well. Add extra flour to the mixture if it is not firm enough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from refrigerator and form into patties with floured hands.
4. Heat approximately half a centimetre of olive oil in a heavy bottom based pan and cook patties for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with yoghurt and side salad if desired.