Brown Rice Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 3 fresh asparagus spears, chopped
- 1⁄2 carrot chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander chopped
- Small clove crushed garlic
- Sprinkle of dried chilli flakes
1. Steam vegetables for 5-10 minutes (until soft enough for your liking)
2. Mix with rice, chickpeas and corn.
3. Mix together ingredients for dressing and combine with rice mixture.
4. Serve with side salad if desired.