One-pot Moroccan lamb
- 200g lamb fillet or backstrap, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 5 prunes, pitted and chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flaked blanched almonds
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized, heavy-based saucepan and sauté the meat until lightly browned.
- Remove lamb from the pan.
- Add in onion, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and tomatoes. Stir to scrape all the flavours together.
- Add in the water and reduce the heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until the mix becomes a thick stew.
- Return lamb back to the pan and add in prunes and honey.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes to let the flavours mingle.
- Sprinkle with coriander, parsley and almonds.
- Serve with steamed mixed vegetables.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes