Piña Colada Chia Pudding
By Alison Sims founder of paleofoodies.com.au
Picture by Guy Bailey.
Luscious and creamy, these Piña Colada Chia Puddings are the perfect summer indulgence. They make a perfect light brunch, snack or dreamy dessert. Serve with your favourite summer fruit and escape into a tropical coconut and pineapple medley.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ a pineapple, cut into slices
- Bunch of mint leaves
- 2 tbsp honey (or rice malt syrup)
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- Squeeze of lime
- 4 small jars or serving glasses
- Empty the can of coconut cream into a bowl and stir rigorously (or blend with a stick blender) to combine the cream with the liquid and ensure no lumps.
- Add the coconut oil and continue blending until smooth. Stir through the chia seeds and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the pineapple into chunks and cut off the outer skin. Blend 100g of the pineapple chunks into a puree. Add to the chia mixture and stir through to combine. Leave for 20 minutes until the chia seeds begin to soften and become pearly and gelatinous.
- Stir through the honey (or rice malt syrup) to taste as well as the vanilla powder.
- Dice the pineapple slices into small cubes.
- Set your serving jars or glasses and place a layer of diced pineapple in the bottom of each. Spoon in a layer of chia coconut mixture, and repeat two more times so that you have three layers of each.
- Top each pudding with some pineapple pieces, chopped mint and drizzle with honey.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.