A Healthier Chocolate Thickshake
by Lilian Dikmans
I love chocolate thick shakes, but those are definitely a 'sometimes' food!
I decided to come up with a healthier version, containing cashew nuts and raw zucchini, which could pass as a quick breakfast or snack.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Gluten-free | Low Fructose
- 3 x 20mL tbsp IsoWhey Ivory Coast Chocolate Protein Powder
- Handful of raw cashew nuts
- Large handful of frozen zucchini*, chopped
- 1 - 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Raw cacao nibs for topping
- Place all ingredients (except for the cacao nibs) into a NutriBullet or high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- The amount of almond milk that you'll need to get a thickshake consistency will depend on how much zucchini you add. I start with about 1 cup and then add more if required to get my desired thickness.
- Pour into a glass and top with some cacao nibs for crunch.
Top tip: wash and chop up raw zucchini, then freeze it in zip lock bags to add to smoothies.